Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

WEEKEND Sewing...with Heather Ross...

I have been telling everyone at the store, that they need to make the "Smocked Sundress" from Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing book.....and since I had never tried the elastic thread smocking technique....I decided it was time to make up a sample.....

I just had to use the cute mermaid fabric from Heather Ross.....all you do for the smocking is use elastic thread in the bobbin....and sew lines....take a hot iron to the thread....






And here is the finished dress......It was really easy...and I like it so much that I am going to make myself one.....to wear by the pool....

1 comment:

  1. too cute! nice choice of fabric :)
    you make sewing clothes look possible.
    although i still think i'd rather sew a purse. lol

    ReplyDelete